Monday, January 11, 2016

Rain and Sun

It's been a rainy or mostly cloudy start to 2016. Not much opportunity for getting outside and looking around.

Every now and then, on a drizzly day, the sun suddenly lightens the room. So, I take the cue and run outside to look for the rainbow. There were double rainbows two days in a row.

Still it hasn't been a particularly photogenic time. But I take whatever opportunities present themselves.

This sunrise on January 8th was stunning.

And I loved the reflection in the window.

Rainy week ahead. Sigh.




11 comments:

  1. The sunrise was worth the effort. Not seen one like that in a while. We just get Rain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the sky is on fire and the window reflection is quite eye catching.
    We are just COLD--14 degrees this AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill-- I run outside whenever I think the sun is going to come out. Otherwise it's just been rainy gray day after day.

    Arkansas Patti-- It was quite a fiery sunrise. I was so happy to see it! Today it is 63 degrees here. Crazy warm after last week's freeze. Stay warm there, Patti!

    kathy a-- Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photographs. I just loved them. We don't see a lot of sky because of the mountains and don't often see rainbows. What a treat to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NCmountainwoman-- Thank you so much. I'm so glad you liked the photos. We do have a lot of sky here. I'm so addicted to photographing it, I want a tower so I can see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave-- It was quite a sky! Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are very nice pictures for not being photogenic. I especially like the way the sun paints the side of the house red.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark P-- Thank you! It really has been a bit of a bleak time, so I run outside whenever there is a hint of light. I loved the light on the house too!

    am-- Always glad to share beauty here.

    ReplyDelete